Zain gobbled it up 🙂
How was everyone’s long weekend? We had a pretty low key weekend and were really happy about it. It feels like we always have a mile long list of things we want to get done around the house so it was nice to be able to check a few of those off the list. We also finally got to see our friends Ryan and Amy and their girls for a early dinner date on Sunday. They swung by for a backyard hang and it’s just so crazy to think how fast our kids are growing. Besides that we just grabbed a bite to eat with my parents Monday since they are cooler than us and had parties every day of the weekend (always been cooler than us!) and tried to catch up on sleep from everyone being sick.
Since we had no plans we did a lot of staying in and cooking so I thought it would be the perfect time to share a new recipe. I am hoping to have more coming your way soon and I’m working on a new Healthy Hacks post also so stay tuned!
We are all about easy weeknight (or weekend) recipes around here and these sheet pan meals have recently become a staple. Being able to toss everything on one pan, use fresh and healthy ingredients and feed everyone at once is a lifesaver. Since we’re slowly warming up to fall I thought I would share one of our favorites during this time of year although it’s delicious anytime.
Greek food is a totally weakness for us! We would always go on splurge dates to Greek town in Chicago and indulge in Gyro’s, greek fries or potatoes and tzatziki sauce is like heaven to me. Since we’re trying to hold ourselves a little more accountable during the week I wanted to find a recipe that fulfilled our Greek cravings but didn’t include red meat or french fries. Enter this sheet pan recipe!
I’ve shared a recipe with this Brummel & Brown Yogurt Spread before and have still been using it regularly. It’s made with plant based oils and real yogurt so has less fat and calories than traditional butter which is great! I used it with the Chicken and the tzatziki sauce and it works great in just about anything. Let me know if you try out the recipe or have any other good sheet pan recipes!
- 1/4 cup Brummel & Brown Original Spread, melted
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. grated lemon peel
- 1 tsp. dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
- 8 chicken tenderloins, chopped into chunks
- 2 cups halved medium baby red potatoes, 12 ounces
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 12 pieces
- 1 small red onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 lemon, cut into 8 wedges
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Combine Brummel & Brown Spread, garlic, lemon peel, oregano and pepper in small bowl; set aside.
- Arrange chicken, potatoes, bell pepper and onion on large baking sheet. Toss with spread mixture and top with lemon wedges.
- Roast chicken and vegetables 30 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. You can drizzle with pan juices too!
- 3/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup Brummel & Brown Spread
- 1/4 cup finely chopped seedless cucumber
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients and mix until blended
- Serve chilled!
You can snag Brummel & Brown Yogurt Spread at any Jewel-Osco by the butter spreads plus right now you can save $1.00 on any one Brummel & Brown spread product with your MyMixx Digital Coupon from 9/4/18 to 10/13/18!
This post was sponsored by Mirum. As always, all opinions are my own and thank you for supporting brands that make Lows to Luxe possible!