This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. As always all opinions are mine & thanks for supporting brands that make Lows to Luxe possible. #SendHallmark #CollectiveBias
Whenever the holidays roll around I’m always excited to make these bakes apples. Trevor & I (okay, mostly me) love to spend the weekend after Thanksgiving getting out the holiday decorations and making our home festive.
We try to always pick up new ornaments when we travel and I love getting one from the new Hallmark collection each year at Walmart. I mean how cute is our new Yogi Santa?! It’s the one time of the year I enjoy having time off from work and writing cards to our family and friends. I buy cards and stationary constantly but never find the time to send them. They mean so much to us when I receive them from family & friends so I need to be better. It’s a great reminder to stay in touch, be grateful, and spend some quality time doing the little things that make such a big difference.
These apples are always a huge hit with the family but I should let you know they are not my usual healthy twist on my recipes. This one is all about indulgence and tastes amazing with a little vanilla bean ice cream on the side.
Let me know what Hallmark ornament you always love hanging in your home & what your holiday traditions are!
- 4 Golden Apples
- 4 Tbsp Butter
- 2/3 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1/8 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Whole Grain Rolled Oats
- 1/4 cup White Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Tsp Nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Cut off the tops of apples & core out the insides
- Chop up cored out apple segments and sauté in pan with 4 Tbsp butter, Light Brown Sugar & 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon & Nutmeg for 8-10 minutes or until tender, set aside
- In a separate bowl combine Flour, Oats, 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon, 1/2 Tsp Nutmeg & Sugar
- Fill apples with cooked apple filling & top with a good amount of crumble mixture
- Place on oiled baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until tender
- Remove and let cool and enjoy along or a la mode