My favorite green smoothie recipe here
Good morning friends! I hope you are all having a great start to your week!
I thought today’s post would be appropriate since we are heading on vacation at the end of next week and I am really trying to reel it in food wise. For the most part, I cook all week so meal planning and grocery shopping is a constant task in our house. I wish I could say that I go to the store once a week and I’m done but that’s not even close to true and some weeks I feel like I go everyday. Anyone else?
If you missed my Trader Joe’s haul you can check that out here but today I thought I would tackle what we grab from the grocery store and Costco since I got a few questions over on Instagram. The goal is always no waste so I’ve really tried to whittle down the list to what I know we will use and eat.
As far as meal planning I try to stick with 3 tried and true meals that are simple to cook, 1 Instant Pot/Crockpot meal and 1 new meal. This leaves me less overwhelmed and it’s nice to have simple go to’s to rely on. If you are searching for easy and healthy recipes check my favorites here! I am also going to try to do a better job at shooting recipes (like these!) I make during the week for you guys since those always seem to be the most helpful. Here’s a few I rotate often:
- These healthy snacks are always repeats for us especially the turkey roll up’s and sweet potato bites. I make them with whatever I have on hand!
- These lunch hacks are what get me through most work from home days and would be easy to pack for the office too!
- These Crockpot recipes are a staple here and the Chicken Detox Soup is a family favorite! It’s actually on the list for this week 🙂
- This Crockpot Turkey Enchilada Quinoa is a great leave and go that everyone will love!
- These are a play on my mom’s meatball’s with a healthy twist and they are all we eat around here. You can serve them alone or toss them on some pasta or sweet potato spirals!
- If you can’t tell we love Mexican 🙂 I came up with this Taco Bowl when we were doing Whole 30 and we still make it all the time!
- This garbanzo bean salad is one of the most searched on my website and is always so easy and fresh!
- Last but not least this Butter Chicken recipe is Whole 30 and my mom helped me tweak it while we were doing the program! I love getting messages that you all are enjoying it and if you have been hesitant to try your hand at Indian food this is a great start! Just serve with some basmati rice or naan!
As far as other resources, I always search for new ideas on the Skinnytaste website, I have loved everything we have made from this Indian Instant Pot cookbook and Half Baked Harvest is another great site!
(I usually alternate between Fresh Thyme and Whole Foods)
Stonyfield Yogurt Pouches – I love that these have veggies in them
Cauliflower Pizza Crust
Bars for Zain – Usually Happy Baby or Cliff Kids
Mini Cucumbers – Zain usually loves snacking on these sliced
Peanut Butter Cracker Sandwiches
York Peppermint Patties – I have a problem and must have chocolate after dinner…
Turkey Sausage (been loving Applegate!) and/or center cut bacon
Salmon, Chicken, Lean Beef, Ground Turkey – depends on the week and meal plan
Organic Hard Boiled Eggs – these come in packs of 2 and are amazing
Seeds of Change Brown Rice & Quinoa packets – these are microwaveable and so easy
Beef Filets – these are AMAZING and we freeze some to use over time
Kodiak Cakes Mix – our weekend favorite with tons of protein
Organic Pasta Sauce
Annie’s Grass Fed Mac & Cheese Cups – last minute lifesaver with Zain
Asparagus or Brussels Sprouts
Pineapple, Blueberries, Strawberries
Meomi Wine – the best price I’ve found anywhere and you can shop in the liquor store even if you are not a member FYI
Hope this list is somewhat helpful and always check my Instagram ‘Eats’ highlight for my current favorite meals!