Happy hump day! I’m excited to actually be back in the kitchen now that I have a bit more energy and was excited to whip up these bars last weekend for a Superbowl party over at Jess and Neal’s. I always like making desserts to take to people’s house because it’s not something I get to make often and can guarantee it won’t be sitting around my house for me to eat for the next few weeks.
I am always a fan of coconut and chocolate but had been craving some caramel lately and thought these bars sounded amazing. We had stopped by Sweet Mandy B’s the day before so I could finally get myself an iced sugar cookie and Trevor decided on their Turtle Bar which inspired these. I always like to try and ‘lighten’ recipes if I can in little ways so the flavor is still there, but you feel a teeny tiny better eating them. It’s a mental thing, right?
They were fairly quick to whip up and if you don’t have a blender to crush the graham crackers, I just found out you can buy them pre crushed, bonus! I think these would be perfect for Valentine’s Day if you are staying in or even to take to a party or work event. By the way, what is everyone doing for Valentine’s Day?
- 20 Sheets of Honey Graham Crackers
- 6 Egg Whites
- 1/2 Cup of Shredded Sweetened Coconut
- 1 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- 12 Caramel Candies
- 1/2 Cup Pecans
- 8 Ounces Fat Free Condensed Milk
- 1/2 Cup Plain Nonfat Greek Yogurt
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Crush graham crackers and blend to fine crumble in a blender or food processor
- Add graham cracker and egg whites to bowl and mix well
- Spray a 9x13 pan with Olive Oil spray
- Spread crust across bottom of pan
- Add coconut over crust, then dark chocolate chips followed by pecans
- Microwave caramels for 30 second in microwave and drizzle over top
- Combine condensed milk, sugar and Greek yogurt and drizzle evenly over top of bars
- Cook for 15-20 minutes and let cool before cutting