now that the weather has started to cool down it has me craving soup more than once a week and this cauliflower soup recipe is both delicious & healthy. i usually crave a nice creamy soup but want to keep our at home meals healthy since we tend to eat out so much on the weekends! i was excited to try this recipe out week and it just happens to be vegan, paleo, vegetarian, and dairy free. i’m not sure how i managed that but it is quick, easy, healthy, & delicious!
a few tips: i used this handheld mixer to get the creamy consistency of the cauliflower and cooked it on the stove in a dutch oven. we have been eating it non stop and i will try this method with some other veggies soon so stay tuned!
also, you may have noticed some big changes around here. i was excited to do a little refresh to my site and it ended up being an amazing transformation. there are some new features that should make navigating around here a bit easier for you guys. huge thanks to my friend lindsay at white oak creative for her amazing work & let me know what you guys think!
hope you enjoy creating this dish yourself and please let me know how you like it! also, last reminder that the holiday shop is going live tomorrow so stay tuned for that and make sure you are signed up for the newsletter to get all the details on holiday sales first.
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 32 ounces vegetable broth
- 1/2 tbsp EVOO
- 1 tsp salt
- 1tbsp fresh black pepper
- 4 thyme leaves - 1 per serving
- in a dutch oven heat onion and garlic over oil on medium heat til browned - approximately 5 minutes
- add cauliflower and vegetable broth and bring to a boil for 5 minutes
- turn down to simmer and cover for 20 minutes
- use immersion blender or place in a blender and mix until creamy consistency to your liking
- season with salt and black pepper & stir
- serve soup into bowls and place thyme leave on top