Good morning! Does anyone else feel like this week is never ending? I don’t know if it’s the Derby aftermath, but this week is creeping by. I’ve been trying to be more consistent about sharing our meal plans at the start of each week over on Instagram, so let me know if that helps you! I will also cook the recipes as we go on stories but have gotten a bit of a late start this week :/
I thought it might be helpful to continue the Easy Weeknight Meals series so there is a permanent place to come back and reference these recipes! Have you all found any new recipes lately? Please share in the comments if so, I am always looking for new stuff to add to our rotation!
Chipless Turkey Nachos
A family favorite around here and so easy! I replace the chips with bell peppers and I promise you will not miss a thing. The crunch from the pepper after roasting is so good and you can always layer these in a bowl too. After sharing these chipless turkey nachos on Instagram I was so happy to see so many of you making it 🙂
- Avocado or Olive Oil Cooking Spray
- 1 lb Organic Ground Turkey
- 3 large bell peppers, sliced
- TJ’s Hot & Sweet Jalapeños to garnish
- 1/2 cup Shredded Mexican Cheese
- Valentina Hot Sauce (or whatever you prefer!)
- TJ’s Fat Free Refried Beans
- Mexican Seasoning to your desire, I make my own!
- Toppings of your liking: Corn, Black Beans, Avocado, Greek Yogurt are all great!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a pan, spray with cooking spray and warm over medium heat. Add ground turkey and seasoning, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Continue till turkey is cook throughout and set aside.
- Meanwhile wash and slice bell peppers. Spray baking pan and line with pepper slices. Top with ground turkey and cheese and cook in oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Add hot sauce and any toppings you like and serve!
*Refried beans are optional as a base. I usually make Trevor a bowl with these warmed and layered on the bottom and the ‘nachos’ on top!
Harissa Baked Chicken
Such an easy and quick weeknight meal that is healthy and perfect for the whole family! This recipe is by Half Baked Harvest (who you all know I love) and I only made a few tweaks to it. I went light on the olives and Feta cheese because the cheese is so creamy with it! A little will go a long way. I also generally don’t like Greek yogurt with things like this but it was perfect so definitely don’t skip it. It have the perfect cool balance to the spice and paired so well!
Steak, Spinach & Potatoes
This is one of my no fail meals when I am not feeling particularly creative. The family loves it and it’s incredibly easy!
- Filets – I get ours at Costco and they freeze so well!
- 4 Sweet Potatoes
- A Bag of Spinach
- 1 Tbs Olive Oil
- Avocado or Olive Oil Spray
- Spiceology Oh Canada Steak Seasoning
- S&P to taste
- 1/4 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Chili Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Pierce sweet potatoes and wrap in aluminum foil. Place on baking pan and cook for 90 minutes.
- When the potatoes are nearing done, spray a cast iron skillet and heat on high.
- Rub steaks with olive oil and coat with Spiceology seasoning. Cook until desired level.
- While steaks are cooked and resting, throw spinach in a pan and sauté with spray, salt and pepper.
- Once potatoes are cooked, sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and chili pepper!