Entertaining during the holiday season is one of my favorite things to do and I am so excited to share this DIY holiday dinner post with you guys! My friend Blair & I teamed up with Kendall- Jackson to put together a holiday soiree that’s so easy to create in your own home.
It’s amazing how little touches go such a long way and I am absolutely in love with how our ideas turned out. So, a couple tips to begin:
- Plan easy dishes that can cook while you get other things done (multi tasking is key to hosting)
- Keep the decor warm and personal but simple
- Add color to the menu to keep the plate bright
- Create individualized desserts making it easy for guest to socialize and enjoy
We kept the menu simple even though it may not look that way (that’s the trick hah) We started with a light & fresh brussels sprout salad with cranberries followed by an oven roasted chicken with roasted veggies and finished off with little apple stuffed crumbles. All of these recipes are easy from start to finish and require little hand on time. While we let the chicken and veggies roast we made our place cards. For all the details on how to create these at home check out Kendall-Jackson’s blog today!
Lastly, we added a fresh pop of color with some local holiday flowers we snagged that morning at the market. The ingredients are so reasonable and most of what we needed we had in our kitchens. I always hate to run out and buy 100 things to create a meal and you definitely won’t have to do that here.
The Kendall-Jackson AVANT Chardonnay & Kendall-Jackson AVANT Red Blend paired beautifully with all the dishes. We decided to serve the white with the salad & veggies to start and the red with the chicken course and dessert!
Let us know how you enjoy the recipes and make sure to check out Blair’s blog for the roasted chicken and brussels sprout salad recipes!
- 1 Bag Root Vegetables (I get mine from Whole Foods)
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Black Pepper
- 5 Garlic Gloves, peeled
- 6 Thyme Sprigs
- Preheat Oven to 400 degrees
- Oil a 9x13 casserole dish
- Toss root vegetables in oil and spread throughout dish
- Spread salt & pepper evenly over
- Add Thyme to areas evenly
- Roast 30 minutes the stir
- Roast a final 30 minutes or until tender to liking, stirring occasionally
- 4 Golden Apples
- 4 Tbsp Butter
- 2/3 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1/8 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Whole Grain Rolled Oats
- 1/4 cup White Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Tsp Nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Cut off the tops of apples & core out the insides
- Chop up cored out apple segments and sauté in pan with 4 Tbsp butter, Light Brown Sugar & 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon & Nutmeg for 8-10 minutes or until tender, set aside
- In a separate bowl combine Flour, Oats, 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon, 1/2 Tsp Nutmeg & Sugar
- Fill apples with cooked apple filling & top with a good amount of crumble mixture
- Place on oiled baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until tender
- Remove and let cool and enjoy along or a la mode
This post was sponsored by Kendall-Jackson. Thanks you for supporting the brands that make Lows to Luxe possible!