SHOP THE POST:
With a new season, there are always new trends to try. Some may be a wee bit over the top, I’m looking at you insanely cropped but flared jeans, but most are totally fun to embrace. This season I thought I would round up a few of my favorites, which also happen to be things I think anyone can try.
As someone who isn’t terribly into ‘trends’ I do love experimenting with fashion. My love for the style and the fashion world started when I was little. Now, please don’t mistake that for ‘having great style’ because looking back I seriously question some of my decisions, ha. I love fashion for allowing you to be whoever you want to be. If I feel edgy one day I can be edgy, and if I want to be preppy once day I can, although that rarely happens.
I just love that it let’s women and men express themselves in a fun and fleeting way. When I picked up this Express floral print lace up tee I loved both the print and lace up detailing. When I put together the rest of this look I suddenly felt very ‘trendy’ but still myself & it inspired this list:
1. Lace Up: Everything from sweaters to tops & tanks now come in lace up form. I had picked up a few last year thinking the trend would disappear by now, but it’s refreshing to see it stick around. There are so many subtle options and I think this is a fun trend everyone should try!
2. Distressed Jeans: I must admit I now own very few jeans that don’t have rips and that is very confusing for my father, ha! I love a good distressed jean and some just get better with age. This Rag & Bone pair is one of my all time favorites. They are a bit of an investment, but you can tell how much I have worn them and they hold up so well!
3. Belts: They are back. I don’t remember the last time I wore a belt with jeans, but I think it may have been middle school. I love this western inspired piece but there are so many options if this is too much for you. You can also swap them out to cinch your oversized sweaters and dresses.
4. Velvet: I know I’ve been obsessing over this material for months, but it’s now available in so many styles I think everyone should try it in some form! From these heels to dresses, wear as much or as little as you want, but try it!
5. Hi-Lo Hem Jeans: I will be honest when I first saw these pop up in the Nordstrom preview, I was not into them. Now that I have seem them worm by so many people in different ways, I am dying to get my hands on them. I think if you have an old pair of jeans you could try to DIY them yourself. I may try to do that and see how I feel instead of investing in a new pair, but I love them! I have also seen some flared versions which I don’t think are flattering and certainly wouldn’t be on my body type so I may stay clear of those. I think a skinny jeans with the Hi-Lo hem at the ankle that is not too cropped would be perfection.
What do you guys think of trends? Love them to try to avoid them all together? Let me know if you snag any of these!