It’s no surprise to many of you that Louisville has an extremely special place in my heart. I grew up, went to college & dental school there and I am amazed at how much the city has developed in just the 5 years since I’ve been gone. Trevor and I often talk about going back and settling down there one day and each time we make it home for a weekend we try to get out and do something new!
Lots of people ask me for recommendations and fair warning I haven’t lived there in a long time so I am not the greatest source but I wanted to share a few spots I always make it into and some I am still looking forward to. If you have any places that are must eats or do’s please send them my way we are headed back again this Spring and I am already researching food hah.
So, a few of our favorites:
- Heine Brothers Coffee: One of my high school favorites that I swing by every time I’m in town. If you are a coffee person – do it!
- Sunergos Coffee: Right next to Nords so it could not be more perfect to grab a cup of delicious coffee (buy some beans too!) & wait in line for your doughnut.
- Nords Bakery: Expect a line on the weekends but trust me it moves fast and is worth the wait. The chocolate glazed and maple bacon are my favorites and it’s the only place I’ve ever had the bacon be crispy on my doughnut – Sold!
- Phlens Bakery: A favorite growing up and the perfect place to go into and sit down for your breakfast with a cup of coffee and milk for the little ones.
- Harvest Restaurant: One of my recent favorite dinners – double fried chicken and all organically sourced…what’s not to love?
- Rye: The aesthetic & branding is after my own heart and the food & atmosphere make me equally as happy. If you happen to be around in the summer they have live music on their patio & I’m hoping to make it in for a show soon!
- Ward 426: Southern food done right! The vibe is relaxed and the perfect spot for a group dinner!
- Gralehaus: Been here for cocktails at night and brunch in the backyard – both made me super happy! Located in a great part of town to explore if you have never been and if it’s warm enough the back patio is adorable.
A few we can’t wait to try: