Good morning and so sorry for the delay on this recipe!
I had every intention of getting content posted last week but Zain was out of school and I decided to put everything on the back burner and enjoy the time with him. Despite thinking I was going to go crazy (which I did a few times) I so enjoyed being with him!
I know I shared some snippets of this recipe over on Instagram stories and apologize for the lack of photos but my mom and I were recipe tasting in real time and everyone was starving so I snapped what I could! We ended up making rolls out of these and they were a huge hit with everyone including my dad, who is tough to please 😉
As far as the other ingredients, I just used the Zhoug sauce from Trader Joe’s since I didn’t have any chutney on hand and everyone loved it. I also use the frozen Swad Chapatis that I pick up at Patel Brothers since I rarely have fresh ones on hand. I mean, I never have time for that and I love how thin and crispy these are. After lining the chapati with Zhoug I just layered on a kabob and topped with red onion and cilantro with a squeeze of lime!
- Avocado or Olive Oil Cooking Spray
- 1 lb Organic Ground Chicken
- 1 Yellow Onion
- 1 Green Chile
- 2 Tsp Shaan Kabab Mix
- 1/2 Tsp Chili Powder
- 1 Tsp Butter
- 1 Egg White
- 1 Tbsp Cilantro
- TJ’s Zhoug Sauce
- Swad Whole Wheat Chapati’s
- In a pan, spray with cooking spray and warm over medium heat. Add onion, green chile and cilantro, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Transfer to food processor and blend.
- Combine everything in a bowl and mix well. I usually wipe oil on my hands to form kabobs before cooking.
- You could cook these on a grill but I made them on my cast iron! Just make sure the cast iron is pipping hot before placing them on and cook through (about ten minutes) flipping them half way!