Sea scallops, yum! I was excited to try to sneak some spinach and seafood into pasta this week for dinner with this scallop recipe. Trevor is not usually a huge seafood or greens person but I love both and figured cooking them in bacon fat and adding pasta would make us both happy!
I haven’t been cooking a ton for the past few weeks and was excited to finally get back in the kitchen. This meal was light but still hearty and tasted great on a crisp fall night.
I prefer to cook my bacon in the oven (less mess, better crisp) so make sure if you do that to pour your bacon fat into your pan before you saute the spinach and scallops! Let me know how you like it and happy Thursday!
- 1/2 pound sea scallops
- 3 cups spinach
- 3 slices center cut bacon
- 2 cups whole wheat angel hair pasta
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 lemon
- Cook pasta according to directions 8 mins in boiling water & drain
- Bake bacon in 400 degree oven for 12 minutes turning over half way through
- Drain bacon fat into pan and medium heat
- Add spinach and season w/ salt & pepper
- Set spinach aside
- Add scallops and saute for 2 1/2 minutes on each side
- Top pasta with spinach and scallops
- Crumble bacon and add as desired
- Squeeze lemon over pasta to taste